- Why You Should Attend
- 2013 Book Program
- 2013 Magazine Program
- Program Advisors
- Past Program Schedules
- Past Participants
- Photo Galleries
- News Articles
- Friends of YPC
- Contact Us
The 2012 Yale Publishing Course, Leadership Strategies in Magazine and Digital Publishing and Leadership Strategies in Book Publishing attracted mid- to senior level publishing professionals from over 30 countries, from Abu Dhabi to Athens, Shanghai to Sao Paulo, and from all over the United States. They represented companies of all sizes and a wide diversity of publishing programs. The intensive five days of each program held at Yale University included overview lectures of industry trends and challenges, case studies, hands-on sessions involving active class participation, and one-on-one counseling with the speakers.
The speakers, carefully selected for their experience, innovative contributions to the publishing industry, and their teaching ability, included industry leaders and distinguished members of the Yale School of Management. The topics covered ranged from discussions of new business models, management skills, strategic planning and leadership techniques to understanding the latest advances in technology for content delivery and new ways to utilize social media and exploring the future of digital dissemination.
Special features of the Yale Publishing Course:
The publishing industry is changing at an unprecedented rate and it is increasingly difficult to keep up with emerging advances in technology and new business models. It is, therefore, more crucial than ever for managers to step away from their daily routines and reflect on the challenges facing them in a technology-driven world. The Yale Publishing Course provides this opportunity and you will emerge energized, inspired, and equipped with new skills to lead your organization more effectively.
What is special about the Yale Publishing Course?
- focuses on forward-looking approaches to publishing as a global enterprise
- provides in-depth information on the latest advances in technology
- confronts key issues in editorial content, design and production, marketing, sales, and distribution, and business and management
- encourages participants to think outside their own areas of expertise
- combines fact-filled lectures with smaller, group discussions
- encourages the active participation of all attendee
- offers one–on–one counseling sessions with the speakers
- allows ample time for networking at receptions, breaks, & meals