The magazine media industry continues to see declining print ad revenue and further loss of subscription fees. Even in these volatile times, opportunities abound through diversified revenue streams, such as events, paid content, native advertising, video, and e-commerce.
During the Magazine Media course, you will learn directly from leaders in the industry, like past faculty members Cindi Leive (Glamour magazine), Richard Stolley (People and Time, Inc.), Michael Clinton (Hearst Magazines), Eric Harris (BuzzFeed), and Kevin Delaney (Quartz) to name a few. View the 2016 faculty here.
Participants of the 2016 Magazine Media program can expect to learn about:
- Implications of cultural change for management, staff, and personal career development
- Expanding your brand across multiple platforms including video, podcasts, and live events
- Innovative ways to connect with readers and find new sources of revenue
- What everyone needs to know about native and programmatic advertising and how to combat ad blocking
- Creating content in the mobile age
- Why content and the editorial message are still the heart and soul of magazine media's future
- How content, community, and commerce are linked and driven by technology
- Case studies of innovation from magazine media companies of all sizes
- And much more.
Past Magazine sessions include: Monetizing, Syndicating, and Using Your Content to its Full Potential, How To Edit A Brand, Managing Organizational Change, and Building a Global Print Business While Pivoting to a More Digital Future. View the 2016 detailed program here.
The YPC experience will take you behind industry closed doors and will provide you with insights and leadership skills to successfully navigate publishing’s challenging landscape. See what past participants thought of their YPC experience: Testimonials.