The digital transition is changing the way books are written, sold, and read. More than ever, book publishing professionals need to explore innovative ways to tackle new challenges and keep up with the ever-changing dynamics of the industry.
During the Book Publishing course, you will learn directly from leaders in the industry, like past faculty members Neil De Young (Hachette Digital), Rick Joyce (Perseus Books Group), Dominique Raccah (Sourcebooks), and Nihar Malaviya (Penguin Random House) to name a few. View the 2016 faculty here.
Participants of the 2016 Book Publishing program can expect to learn about:
- Innovative global trends and new revenue sources
- Implications of cultural change and transition for management, staff, and personal career development
- Financial realities to improve your ROI
- Leveraging your brand for niche publishers
- Case studies from publishers, large and small
- Creating an integrated marketing plan incorporating social media, podcasts, data analytics, best uses of limited budgets, and working with editors and authors to maximize discoverability
- Improving content development and the e-book experience for readers
- And much more.
Past Book sessions include: Financial Realities in Book Publishing, How to Transform Print Content Into a Great Onscreen Experience, Publishing in the Age of Globalization, and Managing Organizational Change. View the 2016 preliminary program here.
The YPC experience will take you behind industry closed doors and will provide you with insights and leadership skills to successfully navigate publishing’s challenging landscape. See what past participants thought of their YPC experience: Testimonials.